The Road to Ruin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Road to Ruin

In an alternate future, the world around us has fallen into disrepair. People are different here. They think, feel, and communicate differently. Inside is a beautiful world with great things, unless you're Different. Then it may very well be hell.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Long day of Trouble & Toil [OPEN]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Benedetto Adessi
Concerned Citizen
Concerned Citizen
Benedetto Adessi

A Long day of Trouble & Toil [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: A Long day of Trouble & Toil [OPEN]   A Long day of Trouble & Toil [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Benedetto exited the hospital and leaned against a cement pillar. He felt filled with pride at a good day's work and was ready to take a break for a few minutes before returning to his job. Today alone he had worked three cases; one cureable the other two not. He had sent the last two down to the morgue once he recognized the futility of trying to fix what could not be repaired. The first, a woman, had taken the proper medication and was now resting comfortably and well on her way to recovery.

He decided to sit on a nearby ledge and read over the file tucked under his arm while he had a hot drink and decompressed.
Back to top Go down
Benedetto Adessi
Concerned Citizen
Concerned Citizen
Benedetto Adessi

PostSubject: Re: A Long day of Trouble & Toil [OPEN]   A Long day of Trouble & Toil [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Benedetto smiled and responded with kind surprise, it was good to see her it said. Buried deep was regret and wishful thinking - and concern. It felt unnatural to him to get urgency from her. "It's always a pleasure to see you again, Kate. There is too much time between our running into one another." He kept it gentle as she had been, maintaining the tone. But keeping that up through her request was difficult to say the least. There were few feelings or words to describe his intense hatred of that particular man. He responded with reluctance and sent along the feelings the mention of the apothecary caused him. Then he reined himself in and replaced those with respect and the kind of kindness that comes with years of friendship.

"Only because you are the one to ask. I will give you as much time as you need, but I will kill him this time." Again a flash of fury, annoyance - as Benedetto had let the man slip through his fingers once before - and a touch of failure. A feeling that for the most part was alien to Benedetto.
Back to top Go down
Benedetto Adessi
Concerned Citizen
Concerned Citizen
Benedetto Adessi

PostSubject: Re: A Long day of Trouble & Toil [OPEN]   A Long day of Trouble & Toil [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:07 am

Ben felt a twinge of disappointment, she had to leave so soon? He smiled softly through it because any opportunity to talk to or even merely see her was a moment well spent. Benedetto nodded in understanding. "Of course, you've certainly brightened my break," and his day. It was hard, even through pure emotion, to adequately express it. It probably came across jumbled, almost stuttered.

Ben's smile widened a fraction as he tried not to act like a boy. "I've had a productive day, I would gladly join you." Again, like he were wrapped up in a tangle and tripping over his own feet, Ben reacted to her hand and emotions. He felt like a happy fool. "Go on," Ben put a hand on her arm gently and just as quickly removed it.

"I'll see you later tonight," He picked up his file and tucked it back beneath his arm. The matter of Corady nearly completely forgotten now, he walked slowly backward toward the hospital doors. It was remarkable how easily she made him feel young again, he would have tried to straighten himself out if he'd had a care to. Still, part of him said 'stop acting like a love-struck doddering fool' and tried to contain the over-abundance of feelings in his head.

"Goodbye for now, Kate." The words said alot more, each letter laced delicately - as delicate as that hand that had so briefly rested on his chest - with meaning and sincerity. He stepped back into his hospital, glowing, and headed back to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Long day of Trouble & Toil [OPEN]   A Long day of Trouble & Toil [OPEN] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Long day of Trouble & Toil [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1