The Road to Ruin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Road to Ruin

In an alternate future, the world around us has fallen into disrepair. People are different here. They think, feel, and communicate differently. Inside is a beautiful world with great things, unless you're Different. Then it may very well be hell.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Leopold Phish

Leopold Phish

Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY] Empty
PostSubject: Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY]   Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:57 pm

He was fast. Too fast for a man of his age, many argued, and far too animated. He was to remain a dignified gentleman; reserved, respected. Well, he could have one without the other, and so why bother for the one that he did not feel was particularly favourable in his profession. He had learned long ago that reserved men were the men who missed out of opportunity. The ones that pissed their lives away. No, no, that was not Leopold Phish in the sligthest. Leopold Phish was not an island. Leopold Phish was a volcano, who would volcano...ize the masses as well. For they deserved it! They needed to hear his word, and many did.

Leopold Phish was a man of God, but this did not stop him from being a man of science as well. He had the upmost respect for men who could formulate their whatsamahoozers. He couldn't help but feel utterly interested in it, though most of the time when it was explained to him, he didn't understand it at all. Nonetheless, he couldn't help but be drawn to it. Which was how he'd met Benedetto. Though he wouldn't go into details about that...ever.

And so, he flew into the office of Benedetto Adessi with a hurricane of excitement and ended up sitting on the man's desk. "I HAVE RETURNED!"
Back to top Go down
Benedetto Adessi
Concerned Citizen
Concerned Citizen
Benedetto Adessi

Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY]   Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:54 am

Benedetto sat in his office serenely going over some work without rush. Slow precision steps to complete a task made him feel comfortable - he wouldn't go so far as to say happy, but he would say contented. Then again, Benedetto wouldn't say much at all made him utterly happy, that'd just be preposterous. He judged everything in increments of increasing or decreasing value. Benedetto felt, on a certain level, almost zen-like. He got himself up out of his chair and walked to his door, openeing it a crack to holler a request to the nurse out in the reception kiosk. Within five minutes she arrived with a bundle of new files and a large cup of coffee for him. He, remarkably enough, gave her a small hint of a smile and sent along a wave of thanks - she seemed slightly taken aback. But Benedetto was in an oddly comfortable mood.

Flicking the files onto his desk, Benedetto turned his attention to the bookcase behind it. First, however, he opened the window to the right half an inch to let in a nice gust of fresh air in. From the bookcase he fetched a collection of images pertaining to oozing wounds - each had little coded pictures meaning curable or incurable. Infectious or uninfectious. Etcetera etcetera. Benedetto himself had contributed information to this edition so he knew it was credible. He held the open book in the crook of his arm as he wriggled out of his suit jacket and hung it on the hook, leaving him in a red shirt and black suspenders with silver clips.

He was about to take a few select images out to compare with patients' record pictures when the air in the room suddenly moved far faster than it should've, a thud sounded and a voice that was so incredibly familiar, sudden, and loud that the few pictures in his free hand went scattering into the air in a flutter. His heart lurched up into his throat but luckily he didn't have his coffee in hand otherwise he'd have recieved some second degree burns.

Benedetto turned around at a normal speed, continaing irritation at being surprised, and saw his old friend Leopold Phish standing...sitting on his desk. He knew he recognized that voice. The irritation faded fairly swiftly as he stooped to pick up the images swiftly and set them on the desk next to the man. "Always one for a dramatic - loud - entrance, Leopold." Benedetto grabbed his coffee before any outrageous handtalking ended his mug's life. He felt fairly happy to see him, if not surprised. "What brings you to my office?"
Back to top Go down
Leopold Phish

Leopold Phish

PostSubject: Re: Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY]   Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:49 pm

Oh, Benedetto Adessi, his angry, posh, upper crust friend. There was little more that Phish enjoyed more than bothering him. All in the best of fun of course. They were both philanthropists to some extent, and therefore connected on that level. Where Leopold healed spiritually and Benedetto healed physically, and Benedetto could accept that. Leopold had a charisma though was spared on Benedetto. Benedetto was considerably less...flamboyant than Leopold, but that was alright with him. He grinned and moved a little bit away, to a respectable distance.

He folded his arms. "Well, my friend, I have obviously returned, and I thought I would come see my favourite doctor." he said with a grin, cocking his head to the side. "I also thought that I might ask my favourite doctor out for something to eat, seeing as we have a lot of catching up to do." He grinned and tapped his foot a little. Leopold had what would have been eventually classified as ADD. Albatrosses, plastic bags, ferris wheels, the whole shebang. He always had to be moving, thanks to ADHD it's hyperactive cousin.
Back to top Go down
Benedetto Adessi
Concerned Citizen
Concerned Citizen
Benedetto Adessi

PostSubject: Re: Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY]   Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:53 pm

He wondered idly whether he'd wind up being hugged... He dismissed the idea.

Phish was an odd man, Benedetto thought. But still, it was odd even more so that Benedetto had no problem with him. On top of that, the flaily preacher seemed to bring out the better bits of Benedetto's personality.... which is to say, he sort of managed to bring one out period. Yes, Benedetto was well aware that he was one of the more uncharismatic people walking the earth. It was merely that it seemed a waste of his time and energy, two things better spent on work. Nevertheless Leopold had a strange influence on him. Benedetto finished his coffee and silently hoped that Leopold didn't wany any. Now THERE is a frightening thought - Phish on Caffiene. Benedetto stiffled a shudder. He set the empty mug on the desk knowing that his assistant/nurse would come in and get it later. As Benedetto put the images he had selected into the file for the particulra patient he had been thinking over, he thought about how Leopold seemed to be one of the few people, even in Normal terms, who just accepted him as he was. Even Normals found Benedetto a bit off-putting...

Benedetto laughed singularly for one of the rare times in his life that he did so, "Favourite doctor? More like one of the few who tolerate you're handtalking shenangians." Yes, he was happy to see the preacher again. "I'd be happy to go out for something to eat, Leo. It's been, what? Almost a year now since we last crossed paths?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY]   Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Science and Religion Should Stay 30 Ft Away From Eachother At All Times [TAG; ADDY]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Road to Ruin :: Archives :: Threads from all over the place...-
Jump to: